Abstract selection criteria and terms and conditions remain the same as the original 2020 call except for addressing program gaps and representation as above. Note that the event is now in hybrid format and preference will be given to First Nations’ presenters.
How to Apply
Register on the WIPCE 2022 Abstract (EOI) Portal
Information to be entered includes
- Presentation title
- Presentation type: (e.g. seminar, interactive workshop, panel)
- Abstract description – maximum 400 words
- Administrative contact
- Organisation / community affiliation
- WIPCE theme and First Nation, Country of origin
- Any other information (e.g. brief context)
Closing date for EOI: 20 June 2022
Successful applicants will be notified by July 2022 and invited to complete their abstract details including presenter list and AV requirements.
WIPCE 2022 Abstracts Selection Criteria
We invite you delight, provoke, inspire and encourage others through your discussions, critiques, promotions and analyses of education theory, practice, policy and leadership by, through and for Indigenous peoples.
Criteria for inclusion in the WIPCE 2022 program includes:
- Alignment with WIPCE goals and WIPCE 2020 conference themes and topics;
- Focus on Indigenous peoples’ standpoint, knowledges, practice and contributions;
- Relevance to educational opportunities and outcomes for Indigenous peoples;
- Indigenous peoples are privileged as presenters;
- Transferability of outcomes to other settings and education sectors;
- Evidence of impact, innovation and sustainability of educational approaches;
- Potential to engage audiences from diverse nations and education sectors;
- Representation from First Nations across the globe.
Terms and Conditions
Presenters must register as conference delegates and meet their own costs of participation.
Abstracts and presentations in languages other than English must include an English translation. Interpreters are the responsibility of presenters.
Authors are expected to pay for their own registration, accommodation and travel. WIPCE organisers are unable to provide funding support for presenters – please contact your local sponsor if you require financial support to attend.
Queries about the supplementary WIPCE 2022 expression of interest can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
WIPCE 2022 Australia Hosts
South Australian Aboriginal Education and Training Consultative Council
Tauondi Aboriginal College